CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Holidays


Only 23 days until Christmas. Wow, where has the time gone? Can you believe the year is almost over? I still have so much to do, including my son's 3rd birthday party in 2 weeks. Having a December baby was really bad planning on my part. :-)

We did get all of our Christmas decorations put up yesterday. My handmade Countdown to Christmas has been put back into action. The windows in Alex's room and the French doors in the dining room are covered in holiday window clings, the Christmas tree is up and decorated, and even the refrigerator has been festooned with Christmas-themed magnets.

My son and I took turns wearing the jingle bell antlers while we decorated. Aren't we festive?




I am still hard at work trying to finish my Christmas cards so that they can be mailed out (hopefully later this week). Today's card features a stamped focal image, rather than my usual cutter files. I stamped the image and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder before coloring it in. The sentiment is also stamped. Some sparkly ribbon and a poinsettia sticker finished things off. I really like the poinsettia sticker but have no idea where it came from. It was still in plastic packaging but there was no identifying information. That is the trouble with holding onto supplies for so long . . . you forget where you got them (and sometimes even forget why you got them).





Supplies:
Cardstock (green, white)
Patterned paper (The Paper Studio)
Stamps (Christmas Gifts by Hampton Art Stamps, Winter Wishes by K Andrew Designs)
Pigment ink (black, true red)
Embossing powder (black)
Ribbon (Joann's)
Poinsettia sticker


CHALLENGES:
*Sparkles Monthly Challenges (Challenge #38 - Christmas is Coming)
*Hooked on Craft Challenges (Challenge #27 - Christmas)
*Party Time Tuesdays (Challenge #96 - Anything Goes)
*Simon Says Stamp (Challenge - Anything Goes)
*Tuesday Alchemy (Challenge #42 - Anything Goes) 
*2 Sisters Challenge Blog (Challenge #120 - Christmas Sparkle)
*365 Cards (Challenge #274 - 2-Color CAS Card)


Thanks for stopping by!

Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Stunning design along with pleasing shades and the way you embellish it inspires me a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kelly :-) the image is fab and I love the paper ,, so pretty :-)

    Lovely photo's too :-) tfs :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card! Great colors
    Thanks for sharing at 365cards
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Kelly!! I love the package stamp and the touch of sparkle behind it!! What a gorgeous card!! And the pictures are so awesome...I love the antlers :) I'm a December baby, too, just five days from Christmas. It was hard growing up when I would get one present for both my bday and Christmas (but my parents were very good about separating the two!!) Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete