Today's card is cut from a file by Sam & Hailey Designs called Roundies - Forever Friends. It is fun to do a shaped card once in a while, something other than the standard rectangle or square. I stuck with fall colors for this (brown, orange, yellow, red and a touch of green). Other than the elements that came with the cutter file, I only needed to add a few more details. There is pen stitching around the base and around the orange scalloped piece. I wanted to add actual stitching with a needle and thread, but I don't have a good template for doing circles or scalloped shapes. (But I do need to get my Sew Easy out of storage and actually start using it.) The 3 leaves on the card are rub-ons from the Paper Studio (Fall Stitched Alpha) - I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but they look like they are stitched as well. I added a brad at the top to join the 2 layers of the card. The inside layer looks just like the front, only without any embellishments (just the brown base layer and orange scalloped piece.) And finally I used my i-rock to attach 3 small red gems. What do you think? Does it say "Fall" to you?
I am entering this card into a few challenges today:
- Die Cuttin' Divas (Challenge #30 - Fall Colors)
- My Craft Spot (Challenge #23 - Sew Much Fun)
- One Stop Craft Challenge (Challenge #146 - Anything But Square)
- Party Time Tuesdays (Challenge #31 - Anything Goes)
- Crafty Sprouts (Get in Shape Challenge)
- Crafting Misfit (Show and Tell)
Okay, today I am announcing the last of my weekly Blog Candy giveaways before the BIG BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY. :) Here is what is up for grabs this week. Some circle and square dimensional stickers (no idea where these are from), a package of rub-ons from My Mind's Eye, 2 sentiment stamps, a roll of Halloween ribbon, and some cute little strawberry embellishments from Creative Charms.
1. You must be a follower.
2. You must leave a comment on this post answering this question: What kind of paper trimmer do you use or would you recommend?
3. For extra chances to win, comment on my other posts for the week of 09/01 - 09/07. You will get an extra entry for each post on which you comment.
I will draw a winner next week (probably on Thursday, September 8th) and mail out your goodies (due to the cost of postage, this is only open to US residents, but I sincerely appreciate comments from my international readers as well). Be sure to check back to see if you win and also to see what the Big Blog Candy Giveaway (to celebrate my Blogoversary) will be.
Thanks for stopping by!