CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Don't Be Crabby Card & A Winner


Summer is nearing it's end, but I am not ready to stop making summer-themed cards yet. So today's card has a happy sun and crab. For the background, I used blue and brown cardstock from my stash. On the blue paper, I used my Connect the Dots embossing folder. The brown paper was embossed with Spots & Dots and then I used a stipple brush to add some Walnut Distress Ink for depth. I also used my Scor-Pal on the blue cardstock to create a couple of dividing lines between the blue and brown paper. The sun is a file from Carrie's Creations that I modified a bit to fit my needs. The face is a Peachy Keen stamp (Wide Eyed Kids set). The adorable little crab is a file from FileKutz by LisaJane. I adhered the pincers with foam squares for dimension and added some googly eyes. I think he has to be the cutest crab I've ever seen! The sentiments on the card are from K Andrew Designs (from the Splashtastic Summer and Food for Thought sets). I am impressed at how well they stamped over the embossed paper. I love these stamps! For the final touch, I added a few rhinestones in between the two sentiments.




As for the winner of last week's blog candy, Mr. Random.org tells me the prize goes to . . . Elizabeth! Congratulations, Elizabeth. Send me your mailing address and I will get this right out to you. Be sure to check back tomorrow when I will be listing the last of my weekly blog candy giveaways before the Big Anniversary Blog Candy. :-)

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Party Time Tuesdays (Challenge #31 - Anything Goes)
The Pink Elephant (Challenge #114 - Paper Piecing)
You Had Me At Craft (Made It Myself Mondays)






Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Kelly, that card is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable! Your style is amazing and I love ALL your creations! You ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card. Your sun's face is adorable and of course that crab is fabulous with those google eyes. This is so sweet.
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Kelly!! I have meant to use "don't be crabby" for so long but haven't yet...this is just perfect! The embossing is so awesome - it gives such great texture! And I love the googly eyes on the crab and the sweet face on the sun! LOVE this!! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly this is adorable:)) You're right this little crab is so cute! Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly,
    This is adorable:) And thank you so much for the blog candy! After being stuck in stopped traffic on the interstate for 2 1/2 hours it really perked up day! And I am done being "crabby" LOL
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card your crab is so cute and I just love his googly eyes. Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week.

    Danie - PTT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay... Hands down, my favorite card for the day!! :) I happen to have a friend right now who REALLY needs to see this card!! :) No reason to ever be crabby, cuz it IS a GREAT day!! :) Love what you've done with the stamp combo here... YOU ROCK!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete