CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 27, 2011

Easter Layout

I finished a 2-page Easter layout that I would like to share with you today. The main element on the layout is a wonderful cutter file collection from FileKutz by LisaJane called Easter Train Collection (lkcol01).

This is a fabulous, very detailed file collection. It comes with all of the train cars and the 3 little animals. You can also get just the train by itself (lk00006), or the animals (chick, bear, and bunny) are available individually as well.


To embellish the train and its pieces, I used flock, Stickles, embossing folders, and pen details. To make the little Easter chick fuzzy, I added yellow flock. I basically decorated him the same way I did for the Easter card I posted HERE. I used my Tim Holtz paper distresser on the bear to make the edges of the paper look more like fur. I used my Forest Branches embossing folder on the carrots and the Textile folder on the carrot greens. The last train car was embossed with Distressed Stripes. To give the train wheels a bit more dimension, I embossed those as well (the little wheels were embossed with part of the Christmas Ornaments folder and the large wheel was done with Retro Circles by Tim Holtz).

SIDE NOTE: Can I just say how much I LOVE my Cuttlebug and embossing folders? They are certainly great to use as backgrounds, but I especially love to use them to add texture and dimension to paper pieced elements. How much better does that carrot train car look with some simple embossing added? It gives it so much more depth. And I love that I can find uses for my holiday embossing folders any time of the year. Who would have thought that a Christmas Ornament embossing folder would have a use on an Easter layout? But as I flipped through my embossing folders, one of the ornaments on this folder had some great nested circles, perfect for a wheel. To get to the point of this rather long side note, don't get tunnel vision when it comes to your crafting supplies. Just because it is labeled Christmas (or Halloween or birthday, etc.) doesn't mean that is the only thing you can use it for. Use your imagination to see all the endless possibilities of the tool.

After assembling the train pieces, I connected them together with some silver cording. I used some Easter ribbon from Hobby Lobby to cover the seam between my patterned paper and yellow Bazzill cardstock. The date is done with stickers (Provo Craft Alphabitties). Pen details were added to the animals' eyes and faces. The title was created in my KNK Studio GE software and I added yellow Stickles to it.

Here are a couple of closeups of the Easter Train.




I am really pleased with how this turned out. This was one of the more time consuming layouts I have created, but it was definitely worth it.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kelly! This is such a great layout! Alex is a cutie! I love all the details you added. You are very good at making the most of your embossing folders. Love the wheel idea! Brilliant! Which folder was that?! Love that train file Lisa made too! You did an excellent job showcasing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous, Kelly! LOVE the pictures of Alex! Just perfect!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Kelly! I am sorry it took me so long to get over here and leave a comment.. blogger has been my enemy for over a week now LOL.. as I am hearing from many others.. but it seems I get one thing figured out, something else gives me a hard time :( so, so much frustration makes me not even want to look at blogger right now, blahaha! But so far so good tonight :).. knock on wood!! But I love how much detail and time you put into the train, and thank you so much for showcasing it so wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete