CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Birthday Tag Card




I needed to make a birthday card for my Grandmother, who turned 87 this week. Shelly (of Shelly's Art) shared this unique tag card in her membership club. I used a solid blue cardstock and various blue floral patterned papers for the backgrounds. I also used several embossing folders on cream cardstock (Swiss Dots on the scalloped border and the circle, Stylized Flowers on the section behind the butterfly, and Happy Birthday on the inside section). I inked the birthday and floral embossing with Faded Jeans Distress Ink so it would stand out more. The floral tag on the front is something I found in my stash and the butterfly is a peel-off sticker backed with a shimmery teal paper. The inside sentiment is from Shelly's Dotted Fun Sentiments (SS00061) file and is cut from dark blue vinyl. I finished it off with a silver eyelet at the top and added 3 different ribbons (light blue, dark blue and cream). I think it came together really well and I am sure my Grandmother will love it.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment