CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 29, 2011

Butterfly Cards

Today I have a couple of cards featuring butterflies. Don't you just love butterflies? The first card was made using a card front from Chris Durnan over at VDBC. All I did was add some Prima flowers and some rhinestone stickers for their centers. Quick and easy. I actually cut the butterfly card front from vinyl because I just loved the turquoise color and didn't have any cardstock in that shade.






The second card also came from a file at VDBC, but this card front is from ArtiCrafts and was part of the April Grab Bag. After I cut the card front, I ran it through my Cuttlebug using a border embossing folder. Then I used my Scor-Pal to put some lines on either side of the border. A few rhinestones, a pretty ribbon and a flower rub-on completed the card. Another quick and easy card to make. And the 3D effect of the butterflies is very cool. They look like they are ready to fly right off the card.



Now I have a couple of cards to add to my stash so I am a step ahead for upcoming birthdays or other occasions.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card Kelly! I love the butterflies, especially the 3D effect. TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment, Sherrie.

    ReplyDelete