CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Be Thankful

Next week is Thanksgiving, a time to reflect on your blessings and reasons to be thankful. Although I have had a very rough year, there is still much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my amazing son, who is the light of my life. I am thankful for my parents and sister and the rest of my caring and supportive family, who have been my rocks over the last year. I am thankful for my friends who have been there through tears and laughter. I am thankful for my crafting, which is a wonderful outlet and stress reliever, and has introduced me to wonderful new friends. There is more, but let's leave it at that for now.

Today I am sharing a Thanksgiving card. As we reflect on our blessings, why not send a card to those for whom you are thankful? Share with them what they mean to you and you will give them another reason to be thankful.






I used a sketch file by I Scrap Designs as the base for this card. The patterned papers are from Colorbok (Cloud 9 Design Seasonal Paper Pad). I dug into some of my hoarded supplies for the accents. The brown buckle (a brad) and the raffia I looped through it have been hanging out in my craft supplies for who knows how long. Many years, I can tell you. The turkey and Be Thankful sentiment are layered stickers I found at Wal-Mart. I like the idea of sending out Thanksgiving cards. Not many people do it so it is a nice surprise for the recipient.


CHALLENGES:
*VDBC Forum (Nov/Dec Sketch Challenge)
*Use It Tuesday (Challenge #43: Be Thankful)
*Party Time Tuesdays (Challenge #94 - Happy Thanksgiving)
*Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog (Challenge #102 - Anything Goes)
*Scrapalicious (Challenge - Being Thankful)
*Die Cuttin Divas (Challenge #91 - Color Challenge)


Thanks for stopping by!

Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Great card!! Thank you for joining our DCD color challenge.

    Veronica DCD

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi kelly, thanks for joining our challenge! i love your card! jen t. scrapalicious dt member

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...love that buckle! Thanks for playing along with us at DCD!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Card!!!Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect colors -- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card with some wonderful papers and colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, great design.

    Thanks for partying with us at Party Time Tuesdays!
    ~Melissa, PTT DT
    kelseymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete