CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gingerbread Man

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent a fabulous day with family and ate way too much (as usual). Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, I need to get moving with my Christmas cards. I have only finished a handful so far. Expect to see quite a few over the next several weeks. Can you believe Christmas is only a month away? So much to do and so little time. Every year I say I am going to start my cards and my shopping and everything else earlier so I don't get all stressed out. And yet every year I find myself in the same situation - Thanksgiving ends and I start the mad dash to complete all my projects before Christmas. And then I make the excuse of "Oh, I work better under pressure anyway". And the cycle repeats. :-) One of these years I am going to start my Christmas cards in the summer and really get myself ahead of the game. One of these years . . .

Anyway, today I have a fun shaped card to share. Sam & Hailey Designs has a whole series of shaped Christmas card cutter files to choose from. I bought the whole set so expect to see a number of shaped Christmas cards in the near future. I find it enjoyable to break out of the rectangular card mold every so often. Gift someone with an unexpected card.


 

This cute little gingerbread man is from the set Christmas Card Shapers 1. The base is cut from white cardstock and the next layer is brown cardstock. The bowtie and buttons are red cardstock, with red Stickles added to the buttons. I used Liquid Applique to look like icing for his face and squiggles. I think he is pretty cute.


CHALLENGES:
*Sparkles Monthly Challenges (Challenge #38 - Christmas is Coming)
*Hooked on Craft Challenges (Challenge #27 - Christmas)


Thanks for stopping by!

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Christmas is coming * challenge

    Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ginger bread men so this is brilliant!


    Thanks for joining the sparkles girls this month over at sparkles monthly challenges with our Christmas Is Coming Challenge, good luck in the draw!
    Dazie

    ReplyDelete